For information on the 1996 film, see Space Jam.
Space Jam: A New Legacy is an upcoming 2021 American sequel to 1996's Space Jam. The film will be directed by Malcolm D. Lee. Like the previous hybrid films, it will be a combination of live-action and traditional hand drawn 2D animation with some CGI effects. The film is set to be released on July 16, 2021, both in theaters and on HBO Max.
When basketball champion and golbal icon LeBron James and his young son Dom (Cedric Joe) - who dreams of being a video game developer - are trapped in a virtual space by a rogue algorithm named AL-G Rhythm (Dom Cheadle), LeBron James must be them home safe by leading Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Lola Bunny, and the whole undisciplined Looney Tunes to victory over AL-G's digitized champions on the court.
- LeBron James as Himself
- Alex Huerta as young LeBron James
- Don Cheadle as Al-G Rhythm
- Sonequa Martin-Green as Kamiyah James
- Ceyair J Wright as Darius James
- Cedric Joe as Dom James
- Harper Leigh Alexander as Xosha James
- Additionally, Khris Davis has been cast in an undisclosed role. National Basketball Association (NBA) players Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, Draymond Green, and Kyle Kuzma as well as Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) player Chiney Ogwumike are set to make cameo appearances, Michael Jordan, who play the lead in the first film, also makes an appearance.
- Jeff Bergman as Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, and Foghorn Leghorn.
- Eric Bauza as Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, and Marvin the Martian.
- Zendaya as Lola Bunny
- Bob Bergen as Porky Pig and Tweety
- Candi Milo as Granny
- Tress MacNeille as Penelope Pussycat
- Jim Cummings as Tasmanian Devil
- Gabriel Iglesias as Speedy Gonzales
- Frank Welker as Road Runner
- Fred Tatasciore as Yosemite Sam and Gossamer
- Denise Richards as Tina Russo
- Emma Roberts as Petunia Pig
- J.Michael Tatum as Announcer
- Ernie Johnson Jr. as Play by Play Commentator
- Klay Thompson as Wetfire
- Anthony Davis as The Brow
- Damian Lillard as Chronos
- Diana Taurasi as White Mamba
- Nneka Ogwumike as Arachnneka
Rebecca Ford, a reporter from the Hollywood Reporter, reported that director Justin Lin of Fast and Furious fame has been signed on as director and co-screenwriter. A source close to Mega Hollywood Studio confirmed that Warner Bros. has also hired Andrew Dodge, writer of the 2013 comedy Bad Word, to co-write for the film. While little is known on the cast as of now, basketball superstar LeBron James is set to star in the sequel as part of a multimedia deal James signed with Warner Bros in July for movies, TV and internet endeavors for his production company.
Prior the the film's release, Joe Pytka, the director of the original film, advised the film's creators "Don't do it. It's doomed. Michael Jordan was the biggest star on the planet." He goes on to comment that LeBron James' popularity and skill has already been surpassed by the likes of Steph Curry or other basketball atheletes. "...when we did Space Jam, there was a perfect storm of players and ex-players available — Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing," says Pytka. "They all had a persona that complemented the film. There are none around like that now."
We Win by Lil Baby & Kirk Franklin.
- On March 7, 2021, it was announced Pepé Le Pew was removed from the sequel film.
- Jeff Bergman was considered to voice Bugs Bunny for the second film.
- Billy West was also going to voice as Pepe' Le Pew although he did appear in a deleted scene where he attempts to flirt with a bartender.
- Kath Soucie was initially announced to be reprising her role as Lola Bunny.
- On April 3, 2021, Zendaya was announced as the voice of Lola Bunny.
- On April 30, 2021, LeBron James has confirmed that the Monstars, the antagonists of the first film, will not return as A New Legacy will be a stand-alone sequel rather than a direct sequel.
- On May 11, 2021, Michael Jordan Confirmed in Space Jam 2
- In May 21, 2021, Soundtrack by We Win Produced by Lil Baby & Kirk Franklin.
- In June 7, 2021, It's if unknown Petunia Pig and Tina Russo join new film sequel Space Jam: A New Legacy.
- In June 8, 2021 on second trailer.
- In June 11, 2021, The Nerdlucks Will Return to Space Jam: A New Legacy and then get stolen From 5 NBA Players Offseason 2018-19.